Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Top 15 of 2012 (+ a few)


Those who know me know how important music is to me. They may also have noticed how online music news source/behemoth has clearly lost their marbles when it comes to the year in review (Rick Ross and no Nas?). So, my blog being my own podium to share my opinion, I give you my Top 15 records of 2012 (because I don't conform to no top "round number" list format, bro) with my fave track or three. No descriptions, let the music tell it:

1. Bobby Womack - The Bravest Man in the Universe
    Listen to: Please Forgive My Heart, Whatever Happened To The Times
2. Nas - Life is Good
    Listen to: Cherry Wine,The Don, Loco-Motive
3. The Jealous Sound - A Gentle Reminder
    Listen to: Beautiful Morning, Equilibrium, Waiting For Your Arrival
4. Joey Bada$$ - 1999
    Listen to: Waves, Suspect
5. Kimbra - Vows (NA Release)
    Listen to: Something In The Way You Are, Home, Two Way Street
6. MNDR - Feed Me Diamonds
    Listen to: Feed Me Diamonds, Faster Horses
7. Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
    Listen to: Thinkin Bout You, Super Rich Kids, White, Pink Matter
8. Aesop Rock - Skelethon
    Listen to: Leisureforce, Racing Stripes, Gopher Guts
9. Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D. City
    Listen to: Money Trees, Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
10. Chromatics - Kill For Love
    Listen to: Running From the Sun, There's a Light Out on The Horizon, Into the Black
11. P.O.S. - We Don't Even Live Here
    Listen to: How We Land, Get Down, They Can't Come
12. Lapalux - When You're Gone
    Listen to: 102 Hours of Introductions, Face Down Eyes Shut, Moments
13. Garbage - Not Your Kind of People
    Listen to: Felt, Control, Sugar
14. Cursive  - I Am Gemini
    Listen to: The whole thing, this record doesn't really work in pieces...since it's a play.
15. The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Out of Frequency
    Listen to: Gold Rush Pt.1/Dollars in the Night, Out of Frequency, When It Comes to Us

Honorable Mentions:
Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio
Union - Analogtronics
C2C - Tetra

Best 7/10":
King Krule - Rock Bottom/Octopus

Best EP:
Shad - Melancholy and the Infinite Shadness

Best Remix Album:
Bonobo - Black Sands Remixed




No comments: