Friday, November 07, 2014

Jero, NEST Collective, #Hashtag news


So over the course of the last two years I have been bouncing around various studio spaces; as a small condo + large format painting and spray painting do not mix. In February I happened upon some like-minded individuals who were starting up a new shared studio space and collective that would come to be known as NEST Collective, and I'm happy to say I settled in right away. While it's been difficult to balance running a boutique (boutique? that's what we're calling them now right?) creative shop and finding time to get out to the studio to work on my own stuff, it's been both a relief and joy to have somewhere to go to decompress and bang out artwork. It's inspiring to come in during the evening and see all the progress all the other talented peeps I'm proud to share a space with made the previous days. On the 13th, NEST will be opening it's doors for a low-key Open Studio event; please reach out to nestcollectivestudios@gmail.com for more info or to RSVP!



I've also updated my website and webstore with new work; the remaining Mesmo Kabuki screen prints from my show earlier this year with Andy Kittmer, as well as some of the pieces I provided for Nadia Lee Papineau's Jero exhibition at the end of October. Have a peep!


Finally, #Hashtag Gallery were awarded the Best Independent Gallery in NOW Magazine's reader poll. I'm super proud of these guys; they've put in ample amounts of hard work to realize their dream and provide local and foreign artists with a venue to showcase their work, and I'm grateful that they invited me to be part of it! Here's to another 2.5 years (at the very least!)!



No comments: